- Can I submit an abstract outside of the mentioned research themes and sub topics?
If your abstract is related to the field of conference title you can still submit the abstract. The selection of your paper will be decided by scientific reviewing committee of the Conference.
- Can we add more than one author to the abstract?
Yes. You can.
- How many papers can present by one person?
Maximum three papers can be presented by a person
- How many people can present a paper at the conference?
This is not limited. But all the presenters must registered to the conference by paying the registration fee.
- Do I have to pay for all papers if I wish to present more than one paper?
Yes. For one paper you have to pay the full registration fee. If other papers are oral /poster presentations then you have to pay additional USD 100 for each paper.
- How many co-author names can be included in a paper?
All the co –authors who have contributed to the paper/abstract can be included.
- Can we get a certificate for co-authors?
Yes .if the co –author has registered and paid the conference fee, he/she can get the certificate. Please inform the conference secretariat regarding this before two weeks to the conference.
- How many words should the abstract have?
Your abstract should have maximum 250 words.
- What are the guidelines for the abstract?
Please refer the Abstract guidelines available in the conference website.
- Can I present my paper as a poster presentation?
Yes. If you wish to present your research via a poster, a poster presentation session is allocated. You can register to the conference as a poster presenter. Each poster is displayed in the allocated time period and evaluated by the session chair. Please ensure that you stand by your poster(s) during that session for discussion and questions. The time will be informed with the final program by the conference secretariat.
- How can I submit my poster?
Please ensure that you handover the poster to the organizing committee at the registration table by the Lunch time of the first day of the conference.
- What is the size of the poster?
Dimensions for the posters are 2*3 feet (Width 2 and Height 3 – vertical). Please ensure that your poster does not exceed this size.
- What are the guidelines for the poster presentation?
- The title of the poster should be visible and it should include topic, Author name and contact details.
- Clear flow with aims, objectives, methodology, conclusion and results.
- Information should be readable from about 10feet
- Word count of 300 – 800 words
- Use simple format and more spatial layout with good color combination.
- Use reader friendly icons and symbols such as arrows, numbers and etc.
- Effective use of graphics, color and fonts
- Avoid much as possible abbreviations and jargons.
- Can I present my paper without attending to the conference physically?
You cannot present the paper without attending the conference. But you can publish your paper in conference publications by registering as a virtual presenter.
- What are the things included in the package of the virtual presenter?
Package of the virtual presenter includes following,
- Abstracts will be published in the book of abstracts
- Submit your paper for peer review to the supporting Journals
- An author certificate, abstract book and conference materials will be posted to every virtual presenter after the conference.
- What is the length of Oral Paper Presentation?
The allocated time for an oral presentation is 15 – 20 minutes. For a 15minutes presentation, 12 minutes will be given for the presentation and 3 minutes for the Q&A. For a 20 minutes presentation, 15 minutes will be given for the presentation and 5 minutes for the Q&A.
The conference secretariat will inform you the exact time before 10days for the conference with the final remind.
- When should I submit my final presentation?
You have to send your final presentation to the conference secretariat before two weeks for the conference .Make sure to bring a soft copy in a pen drive to the conference and handover to the IT desk before 15 minutes to your presentation.
- What kind of technical equipment is provided for the presentation of papers at the conferences?
• LCD Data Projector
• PowerPoint Presentation Remote with Laser Pointer, Mike
- Can I send a substitute delegate?
Yes, if you are unable to attend, you can nominate substitute delegate at no extra charge. You must nominate him/her a week prior to the conference date.
- How can I submit my paper for conference Proceedings?
Authors should submit their full papers for conference proceedings by e-mail. Authors can submit the full paper within three weeks after conclusion of the conference. The receipt of paper submission will be confirmed via e-mail within three working days. In the event that you do not receive the confirmation receipt of your paper within 3 working days you are requested to immediately contact the organizing committee.
- How can I submit my paper for affiliated journals?
If authors wish to submit papers to journals it should be prepared and submitted in the way prescribed by journals. Follow journal links in publication page of conference website to know more.
- Do I need to physically present at the conference in order to get the publication opportunity?
No, even the virtual presenters can send the full papers for the publication. For this you may need to register under the virtual category.
- Is there a template available for full papers?
Yes. All papers must be formatted according to full paper template that can be found in the paper guideline page of conference websites. This template applies for papers sent to conference proceedings
- What are the criteria for selecting conference papers for journal publication?
Full papers will go through double blind reviewing process. Papers which match aims, scope and guidelines of journals will be considered for publication. The decision of the journal editorial board will be final. If paper is requested for revising you may have to revise and send it back to journal.
- Where are the conference proceedings/journals indexed?
All accepted full papers sent for proceedings will be published electronically with ISSN in proceedings with the DOI number otherwise in a supportive journal in the conference. We are submitting conference proceedings for possible indexing in Thomson Reuters and Scopus. Refer journals included in the conference websites to know indexing
- How long will it take for proceedings to be indexed in Scopus/Thomson Reuters/Google Scholar?
This is a lengthy process which require a considerable time period. Tentatively, this process will take around six months.
- When the conference proceedings will be published online?
It will take around three months after full paper submission deadline to release conference proceedings. (This might differ depending on the number of papers we receive and extension of deadlines if any)
- What will happen if the journals reject papers submitted for possible publication?
If journals reject your full paper, we will include it in conference proceedings after going through double blind review process.
- Which document format I should send the abstract or full paper?
The abstract & full manuscript must be submitted as a MS Word document in .doc format (not as a PDF format).
- Do we need to pay extra amount for publication?
No. Conference proceeding publication is free of charge. However, some journals may charge a fee for open access publication. Please refer particular journal website for more details.
- Whom should I contact to get more details regarding the publication?
You can send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are ready to answer your all questions and give further assistance.
Registration & Payments
- What does it mean by final registration deadline?
Final registration deadline is the final date to register and do the payment for the conference.
- Is the Registration fee per paper or per person?
The registration fee is per person. If you are willing to present another paper, you need to pay extra 100 USD for the second paper(Oral/Poster)
- Can I register for the conference before make the payments?
To get register to the conference you just need to submit the online registration form through our website. Then you will receive an invoice to make the payment and after making the payment you will receive the invitation letter
- When should I pay?
You can pay your registration fee once you received the abstract acceptance notification. Do your payment as soon as possible to get the benefit of the early bird rate. However, you are required to pay before the final payment deadline.
- Which payment mode I can use?
You can make the payments as a bank transferor (TT) or as an online payment. Account details available on “Payment details” page of the conference website.
- Are there any Discounts available?
Groups and delegates recommended affiliated universities/institutes/ministries are eligible for special discounts. You can get the early bird discount if you registered before the early bird registration deadline and registered as a group.
- How can I register as a group?
If you have a group with 5 persons or more from the same university/institute/organization for a paper presentation, you are eligible for discounted rate on the registration fee. Per person discounted registration fee is mentioned in the conference website under the Group category. Please note it is the registration fee per person in the group.
If your group comprises of more than 10 people please contact the conference secretariat for higher percentage on the discount rate
- When can I get the receipt for conference registration fees?
The receipt is issued at the conference registration desk.
- Can I receive refund of my registration fee?
Registrations that are cancelled 60 days in prior to the conference are eligible to a refund of 75% on the registration fee.
Registrations that are cancelled in less than 60 but more than 30 days prior to the conference will be eligible to a refund of 50% on the registration fee.
Cancellations made in less than 30 days prior to the conference will not be eligible for any refund.
- Do I have to pay for an extra virtual Pack?
You need to pay USD 75 for an extra virtual pack
- Does the conference fee include meals?
The conference registration fee include morning and evening refreshments, lunch during conference days and dinner for the first day of the conference. You are kindly requested to inform us of any special dietary requirement.
- Does the conference fee include accommodation and air tickets?
The conference fee does not include accommodation, transportation or air ticket. Delegates or their sponsoring bodies have to bear the cost of accommodation, transportation and air ticket. However we are facilitate the finding of accommodation.
For that you can contact our Logistic, Accommodation and Tour Partner
Contact Person: Geeshan Rajapaksha
Hotline: +94 113 098 521/2
TP: +94 716 154 818
- Can I Pay onsite?
Yes you can pay onsite. Please be noted you need to pay the highest registration fee when you paying on site
- Is it necessary to confirm the onsite payment before the conference? If so how can I do the confirmation?
Yes. You need to confirm your onsite payment by sending the scanned copy of your air ticket with a scanned copy of passport to the relevant conference e-mail at least 20 days prior to the conference to reserve your presentation slot.
If any participant confirmed his/her participation to the organizing committee by sending the proof (copy of the air ticket) and is not available to present at the conference will not be accepted. In that scenario the organizers will take the following actions towards protecting the goodwill of the company and to adhere to the immigration policies.
- Inform to the Embassy/ High Commission
- Inform to their University/Institute
- Add to No-benefits list
To avoid these please inform your No-show before the conference close. Also, you may need to pay half of the registration fee within 15 days post conference.
- What is the base of the registration Fee? Is it Nationality or the citizenship?
- How can I get an Official Letter of Invitation for attending the conference?
An invitation letter is also provided upon the special request of authors or other participants. But you have registered and paid for the conference.
• An official letter of invitation will be provided as a soft copy via e-mail and we will make a reasonable effort to help authors to get their visas.
• The visa process generally takes a month and the authors should take care of their own applications. The TIIKM will not guarantee the visa.
- How can I apply for ETA?
Please refer the below link.
- How can I obtain the discount for Sri Lankan Airlines?
Please refer the below link.
- When can we get the photos of the conference?
The conference photos will be published in the TIIKM official Facebook page within two weeks after the conference.
- Do I have an opportunity to become a member of the scientific panel/Conference chair/key note speaker of the conference?
Yes. If you are interested, please send your proposal to any of below emails with your updated CV.
- Does any university/Institute/Organization has an opportunity to collaborate with the conference as a hosting partner or an academic partner?
Yes. If you are interested join with us please send your proposal to any of below emails with the university/Institute/Organization website link.
What is the dress code for conference?
The dress code at all our events is business attire
Are you providing the opportunity for sponsorships/exhibition stalls /workshops?
Yes if you are interested please contact the organizing committee
Contact Person: Mr. Aadhavan Varatharajan
Hotline: +94 755 408 371
TP : +94 11 3098521/2